I recently received a PSM MM courtesy of a very kind donation by Phil Dunn. For backdating the following changes were made, most of which are visible in the pre-painting shot above and the two final pictures above that:
- Adding coupler strike plate and screw link couplers
- Adding buffers (tapered style per pre-autocoupling)
- removal of centre below chassis “step”
- removal of triangular fillets in top of door frames
- re-lettering following the 1933 Diagram
- repainting and weathering
There were a couple of other points of difference that I left as I considered them immaterial and/or I could not find enough evidence to date them to this era.